In all honesty religion hasn't formed much of my personal history. Despite being born in a Christian household, I never had any real faith in it, traditions like Easter and going to church were done more out of propitiation than conscious choice. I was born into a rational thinking world of cold logic, where magic was reserved for books and we were free to postulate our own understanding of our spirituality.
To me religion seems on a whole, some kind of evolutionary formula to free us of the burden of responsibility. An opiate of the masses to placate and provide some kind of order in a preliterate or prehistoric world. That being said I don't disagree with may of the moral codes regarding Judeo-Christian religions so long as they seem reasonable and do not deviate to extreme measures so in that sense religion has helped shape my own philosophical understanding of morality.
No comments:
Post a Comment